Saturday, January 10, 2009

Creamy Chicken and Pasta with Spinach

Can we say YUMMY?? So I was looking for something different to fix last night for supper and I came across this recipe in a casserole cookbook my mom had given me a while back and boy was it good!
Creamy Chicken and Pasta with Spinach

6 ounces uncooked egg noodles
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1/4 cup chopped onions
1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper( I didnt use this in mine)
1 package 10ounces frozen spinach, thawed and drained
2 boneless skinless chicken breast cooked and cut into 1 inch pieces ( I used 3 breasts)
1 can 4ounce sliced mushrooms drained
2 cups shredded swiss or cheddar cheese ( I used cheddar)
1 container 8 ounce sour cream
1/4 cup half n half
2 eggs slightly beaten
1/2 teaspoon salt

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare noodles according to package directions. Set aside.
2. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and bell pepper, cook an stir 2 minutes or until onion is tender. Add spinach, chicken , mushrooms and cooked noodles , stir to combine.
3. Combine cheese, sour cream, half n half, eggs, and salt in medium bowl, blend it well.
4. Add cheese mixture to chicken mixture, stir to combine. Pur into 13x9 baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray. Bake, covered, 30 to 35 minutes or until heated through. Makes about 8 servings.

YUMMY! I tried to put a picture on here but my illeteracy is not wroking right now... lol. I will try later!

No comments:

Post a Comment